Welcome to Halaxy Classic! Congratulations on joining a global community of practitioners and patients making health better with Halaxy Classic. Halaxy Classic is practice management software to manage your practice and patients, and within five minutes you can be fully using Halaxy Classic for: appointment scheduling; patient profiles and health records; invoicing and billing; and financial reporting. Halaxy Classic is for sole, group and multi-disciplinary practices, tailored to any practitioner of any profession, anywhere in the world.
There are two ways to set your practice up on Halaxy Classic: quick setup (recommended), and full set-up.
Option A: Quick setup (recommended)
Quick set up involves just two steps after which you will be fully up and running: (1) setting up your profile and practice group members; and (2) adding appointments, during which you add your patients and fees.
Set up your profile and practice group members
Adding your professional and practice details and preferences sets up your Halaxy Classic account in the way you want it to be, manages your appointments and reminders and helps to ensure your invoices provide the correct information to funding bodies and patients.
- Click the Profile tab and select the Personal page, which has been partially completed for you based on the information you completed when you first signed up to your account. Click Edit at the top right of the page to add qualifications and expertise.
- On the Locations page, add your practice address, phone numbers and practice hours, along with your reminder and notification text and email preferences on the Reminders page.
- Review your account set up preferences (e.g. time and date format) on the Settings page, and add any other practitioners or administrative staff in your practice on the Users page.
Your profile is now complete!
Add your appointments, patients and fees all in the one step ... and go!
Quick set-up enables you to add your patients and fees while making appointments on your calendar, saving you time and getting you up and running quickly.
- Click the Schedule tab and select Calendar. Click the time of the appointment you want to add to your calendar, and enter the patient's name into the Name field, and confirm that you want to add them as a new patient. Enter the patient's personal details, address and phone numbers in the form that appears, and the patient is added to your Patients List.
- Start typing the fee name or funding body in the Fees field. If the fee is already listed in Halaxy Classic's global fee database, it appears in grey and you can import it into your Fee List, adding the amount you charge for the service performed. If the fee is not listed, add the fee as a new fee: enter the funding body (if the funding body is listed in the Halaxy Classic database, import it) and add the fee name and details, as well as the fee amount and any tax, and the fee is added to your Fee List. The appointment location is pre-selected based on the location and practice hours you added on your profile.
- Click Save and the appointment is added to your calendar. At the same time, the patient has been added to your Patients List and the fee to your Fee List.
You are now set up! Clicking the appointment on the calendar allows you to add referral and claim information, and it also links you to key functions. Click the Notes button to add your case notes for the appointment. Click the Invoice button to access the invoice that is automatically created for the appointment (you can also add your provider number here). Continue to add appointments whenever you make them. You can also delete appointments by clicking the delete icon (which looks like a cross) on the appointment details form.
Option B: Full set up
Full setup is for practices that want to focus on setting up their account fully before beginning to use Halaxy Classic. It involves four steps: (1) setting up your own profile; (2) adding your patients; (3) adding your fees; and (4) adding your appointments.
Set up your profile
See above to set up your professional and practice profile, add practice group members, and manage your appointments, reminders and invoices.
Add your patients
Add patients by going to the Patients tab and selecting Add New.
- Add the patient's name, date of birth and gender, then add their phone number and address, as well as their emergency contact details.
- Add their social history, then add any referral and claim information.
Add your fees
You can add your fees by going to the Fees page of the Finance tab, and clicking New Fee.
- Enter the fee name, item code or funding body in the Lookup field. If the fee is listed in Halaxy Classic's global fee database, it appears in grey and you can import it to your Fee List. Add the amount that you charge, and click the Save button.
- If the fee is not in Halaxy Classic's global fee database, you can add the fee to your Fee List. First add the name of the funding body to ensure your invoices and clinical reports meet the funding body's requirements - if the funding body is in Halaxy Classic's database, it appears in grey and you can import it to your Funders List; if not, add it to your Funders List. Add the fee name and required information, along with the amount you charge for the service. Click Save.
Add your appointments
Click the Schedule tab and select Calendar. Click the time of the appointment that you want to add to your calendar, and type and select the patient's name in the Name field, then type and select the fee in the Fees field. Confirm the location (based on the practice hours you entered in your profile) and add any general details to the appointment booking. Click Save to add the appointment to your calendar.
Click the appointment on the calendar to add referral and claim information. Clicking the appointment on the calendar also links you to key functions. Click the Notes button to add your case notes for the appointment. Click the Invoice button to access the invoice that is automatically created for the appointment (you can also add your provider number here). Continue to add appointments whenever you make them. You can also delete appointments by clicking the delete icon (which looks like a cross) on the appointment details form.